|Position:||Development Safety & CDM Advisor|
|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + car/allowance/pension|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots across Scotland.
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
What is the Role?
Due to a period of growth, SSEN Transmission has an opportunity for a Development Safety & CDM Advisor to join the Capital Development & Delivery business working primarily with projects in the design and planning phase supporting safety in design.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Provide proactive and pragmatic Safety & CDM advice and guidance to internal customers and projects, primarily in the design and planning phase.
- Working in close partnership with the Development Project Teams and CDM nominated Duty Holders, the Development Safety & CDM Advisor will help to drive as well as influence Safety and CDM expectations through the design and planning from the start.
- Encourage the development and maintenance of Designer Risk Assessment with Design Risk Management processes implemented, confirming key decision making is being recorded.
- Assist those appointed to carry out the duties of Client, Principal Designer and Designer to develop the Project Specific Works Information and Pre Construction Information and confirm it is provided to the Principal Contractor or Contractor as appropriate.
- Working with the project teams during Development to ensure appropriate strategies are in place to effectively manage the co-ordination of ongoing design work during construction.
- Regular review of Consultant RAMS in the Pre-Construction project phase in addition to appraisal of Principal Contractor CPP and safety management arrangements.
What do I need?
To be considered for the role, we will look for you to have:
- Experience of project H&S aspects in the electrical transmission industry and CDM regulations preferably in the design and planning phase and with a qualification in H&S or related discipline.
- Experience working with safety management system policies and strategies within an asset-intensive engineering environment.
- Detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments techniques including demonstrable experience of the application of ALARP.
- Ability to determine the degree of statutory compliance and anticipate the potential impact of new legislation. Familiarity with the UK Regulatory and Business Environment.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills to drive cross-business collaboration.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.