|Position:||Developer - ServiceNow|
|Salary:||GBP42691 - GBP49626 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Reading, Havant
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
ServiceNow is integral to SSE IT providing IT Service Management, IT Operations, Security and Governance functions across a common platform allowing for collaboration across multiple teams and processes.
As a Developer you will be a member of a small multifunctional team and will be given the training and support needed to allow you to be involved in the design, implement, and maintain the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform solution. This includes performing application maintenance, managing support for incidents related to ServiceNow applications and contributing to ServiceNow software releases by delivering configuration tasks and features.
- Provides proactive administration, management, design, implementation, services and support for complete ServiceNow platform and solution.
- Provide technical advice in numerous areas of the business including deliveries in key Customer projects.
- Manages and resolves request & incidents against ServiceNow applications.
- Performs routine maintenance to include performance monitoring and error identification/ remediation, as well as participating in ServiceNow upgrade planning and execution.
- Install and manage server/s and client endpoint installation and manage integrations with multiple systems of record.
- Design and implementation technical capability and governance, including writing required process documentation.
What do I need?
With your sound technical knowledge in a similar role, we'd also love you to have:-
- Certification as a ServiceNow Administrator (or similar), and a willingness to learn and adopt new technology skillsets.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as IT Service Management, IT Operations Management, Workflow Management, Orchestration, Discovery and Service Mapping, and ServiceNow configurations which involves various modules and third-party integrations such as Azure / Active Directory.
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure - including servers, OS, networking, security, protocols and IIS.
- Strong customer service skills, excellent communication skills (written and oral) and a team player.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.