|Position:||Delivery Manager - Corporate CI|
|Salary:||GBP57336 - GBP69982 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Thatcham, Havant
Salary: £57,336 - £69,982 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As our Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for transitioning of new applications into business as usual, providing operational support to existing applications and crucially, working with our Product Owners to manage and deliver the backlog of continuous improvement to all our digital applications.
- Deliver product backlog items across the end-to-end products as part of an agile team in a DevOps environment (delivery work will include managing the design, coding and testing). Identify and raise opportunities for continuous improvement from both a delivery and operations perspective.
- Manage cross product and external dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
- Manage the delivery team across end to end product lifecycle to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified outcomes, within budget and timescale.
- Ensure that IT/business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance.
- Take accountability for the effective management of red alert, incident and problem management processes.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Some experience of running successful multi disciplinary teams - have strong technical knowledge to provide delivery and support teams with support and guidance.
- Ability to provide leadership and focus for the continuous improvement and support team, building strong capability and reliability.
- Experience in setting priorities and managing systems maintenance activities.
- Lead and govern the release and change management processes required to implement technical changes to our core applications, this will require a working knowledge of Azure infrastructure.
- High level knowledge of development processes, including but not limited to DevOps, Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall, with a high level of planning aptitude. Formal Project Management, Agile or ITIL qualification a plus.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.