|Salary:||EUR72400 - EUR108600 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €72,400 - €108,600 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What is the Role?
SSE Energy Customer Solutions (ECS) strategy has identified Digital as a key capability to meet its objectives. The ECS IT Team is expanding and needs a full-time Scrum Master to join our team to embed Agile delivery in ECS allowing us to deliver more through agile.
This is a demanding and diverse role and your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with cross functional teams to ensure requirements are designed, built and delivered in a fast-paced business environment.
- Coaching team in agile best practices and strategies to improve the squad's performance against agreed KPIs.
- Facilitating estimation of delivery effort to drive team prioritisation planning.
- Mentoring and coaching all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban), practices, rules and our tooling (Azure DevOps).
- Owning issues and removing impediments to the squad's progress and escalating issues in a timely manner for resolution.
What do I need?
You'll have considerable experience as a Scrum Master delivering customer-facing or platform capabilities, where you've exemplified and promoted Agile values and principles. The following skills and experience are essential:
- Ability to maintain Sprint artefacts and reporting metrics including estimation, velocity/progress and team performance, retrospection issues and risks, and handle communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning and problem solving with advanced facilitation techniques across multiple products and agile delivery teams.
- A strong understanding of technical & business environments for large-scale digital delivery with experience in removing impediments, increasing velocity & improving product quality.
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) with ability to coach agile and non-agile teams and foster continuous improvement and self-organisation.
- Conversant in Azure DevOps and other Agile frameworks and methodologies.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.