|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Dublin 18
Salary: Salary: circa €72,400 - €108,600 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSEs growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What is the Role?
SSE Energy Customer Solutions (ECS) strategy has identified Digital as a key capability to meet its objectives. The ECS Digital Team is expanding and needs a full-time Scrum Master, to join our team to embed Agile delivery in ECS allowing us to deliver more through agile. This is a demanding and diverse role and your key responsibilities will include:
Working closely with cross functional teams to ensure requirements are designed, built and delivered in a fast-paced business environment, youll be responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows agreed processes and prioritisation plans to deliver new functionality and capability. Youll need to establish an effective working cadence for the team, owning and finding a way around any current and future obstacles in a timely manner for resolution. Mentoring and coaching the team in agile (Scrum/Kanban), best practices and strategies, rules and our tooling (Confluence/Jira/Azure DevOps), delivering BAU improvements, key Digital initiatives and applicable portions of corporate digital strategy, will be a major part of your role. You will also be an active participant in the Scrum of Scrums, driving through improvements as we evolve to a faster better delivery organisation.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure requirements are designed, built and delivered in a fast-paced business environment.
- Coach team in agile best practices and strategies to improve the squad's performance against agreed KPIs.
- Facilitate estimation of delivery effort to drive team prioritisation planning.
- Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban), practices, rules and our tooling (Confluence, Jira).
- Own issues and remove impediments to the squads progress and escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
What do I need?
Youll have considerable experience as a Scrum Master delivering customer-facing or platform capabilities, where youve exemplified and promoted Agile values and principles. The following skills and experience are essential:
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams of technical and business resources.
- Ability to maintain Sprint artefacts and reporting metrics including: estimation, velocity/progress and team performance, retrospection issues and risks, and handle communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning and problem solving with advanced facilitation techniques across multiple products and agile delivery teams.
- Collaboration with Product Owners to develop, groom & prioritize backlogs.
- A strong understanding of technical & business environments for large-scale digital delivery with experience in removing impediments, increasing velocity & improving product quality.
- Ability to coordinate multiple Agile / non-Agile teams to deliver complex initiatives.
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) with ability to coach agile and non-agile teams and foster continuous improvement and self-organisation.
- Conversant in Jira, Confluence, Continuous Integration and other Agile frameworks and methodologies.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.