|Position:||Day Support Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Peterhead Power Station
Salary: £Competitive package depending on skills and experience plus Annual Incentive Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working options available
About the Department
At SSE Thermal our vision is to be the leading provider of flexible thermal energy in the UK and Ireland, complementing increased renewable generation and supporting the transition to a net zero future. As the world looks to take action on climate change, we will rely on the experience, expertise and ingenuity of our teams to provide the energy needed today, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
As Day Support Engineer you'll be responsible for the co-ordination of operational and maintenance resource to ensure delivery of the station work plan in compliance with the company Safe System of Work and Generation System Safety Rules. You'll be accountable for the design and application of plant isolations to achieve safety from the system, taking on the role of authorisation officer and the site authority on SSOW issues.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Providing operational and maintenance input into station planning and work management processes.
- Providing operational and maintenance input into daily station production risk management.
- Liaising with the Energy Portfolio Management Team, making accurate decisions to optimise production output of the station.
- Working closely with Shift Group Leaders and Engineering Team Leaders to ensure the Production department's output is aligned with those of all other departments and site activities.
- Contributing to the preparation of the annual budget and management of expenditure within Production Department, including accurate forecasting and receipting.
- Compiling and issuing production reports as required.
- Ensuring operational bulk consumable stocks are maintained at adequate levels to ensure uninterrupted generation of electricity.
- Providing operational and maintenance input during project assessment.
- Line management responsibility to the maintenance delivery and operational support functions on site.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who has a solid understanding of the key regulatory compliance requirements associated with the operation of a large electricity generation site. Significant experience within a senior operational and/or maintenance role, ideally gained from working on a large CCGT plant or a conventional power station would be an advantage.
You'll need thorough knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and Plant Safety Rules and possess good analytical and report writing skills. As a person, you always adopt a proactive approach to problem solving and consider yourself an ambassador of performance improvement.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.