|Salary:||Up to GBP52055 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Job Title: Data Engineer
Salary: £39,413 - £52,055 depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
The main purpose of this role is to produce reports for key stakeholders in Asset Operation and facilitate data extraction, transfer and logging. Creating and maintaining purposefully made web/windows applications, you'll work with Data Scientists to leverage the advantages offered by data analysis, mining and analytics.
You'll combine insightful analysis results and algorithm development to make a pivotal difference in driving our Smart Metering business to the next level for customers and key stakeholders.
Skills required for this role
- Strong knowledge and proven ability of using SQL
- Experience in data warehousing and database
- Experience in data analytics platforms such as Azure and Amazon Web Service
- Capability of creating apps using Net language e.g. VB, C# or Java.
Experience required for this role
- Good knowledge of data modelling, statistical modelling.
- Experience with data mining along with using Tableau
- For this role you should have a BSc, MSc degree (or equivalent), in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics or operations research.
Personally, you'll be highly inquisitive with the ability to facilitate problem solving sessions and study relationships between data. With high attention to detail, you'll be creative and attempt new problem-solving approaches and potential solutions. Confident in setting realistic personal goals and taking responsibility, you'll deal with complex requirements from stakeholders. You'll have highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Our Retail business is a market leader in supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as telecoms, broadband and boiler cover. We supply energy under our brands: SSE, SSE Scottish Hydro, SSE Southern Electric and SSE SWALEC in the Great Britain market. At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly; we want to make life easier for you, find ways of saving you money, and be on hand to help when you need us the most, that's our customer promise.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via