|Position:||Customer Service Advisor - Full Time FTC (6/7 Month)|
|Salary:||GBP24479 - GBP29879 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About our Role
Base Location: Portsmouth & Havant
Salary: £24,479 - £29,879 pro rata depending on experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 6 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time, 37 hours per week. 08:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday | Flexible First options available however, must be able to commute to Portsmouth & Havant regularly.
We are looking for customer-focussed individuals to join our new and existing Connections application teams within our business who will have the following key responsibilities:
- Dealing with a wide range of customers via phone or email who have submitted and requested to have electricity connected to their new home, or asked for a part of the electricity network to be moved. From homeowners who are building their dream homes and need electricity connected, to property developers who need us to work with them to move cables coming into the property. Your role will be to hold their hand through the process, providing advice on their application registration, next best steps, and proactively providing updates on the progress of their project.
- Managing customer accounts by providing project updates.
- Attempting to resolve complaints at the first point of contact.
- Managing issues that arise for the customer and liaising with the wider business to resolve these.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we're looking for someone with a passion for customer service.
- You should be customer-focussed, putting the customer at the heart of everything you do. You'll be the voice of the customer in this role, so it's important you can champion what they need.
- You should enjoy problem-solving and be able to absorb a lot of information.
- There are some technical aspects of this role that our amazing team will support and train you in, so it's important that you have a thirst for knowledge and enjoy learning new things.
- Previous experience in customer service is essential for this role but other than that, we're simply looking for people who have a desire to learn something new, love to talk with customers and be part of an exciting and growing part of our business.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.