|Position:||Control & Instrumentation Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP47872 - GBP55653 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth or Inverness
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 depending on skills and experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
In this role you will be part of the team looking after SSE Renewable fleet to secure and grow the business for the future. You'll be responsible for planning the optimisation and delivery of control and instrumentation works on Renewable Operations plant.
Working as part of a project team within the Hydro business, you'll undertake all aspects of project management and Engineering on Control & Instrumentation projects from the initial brief through to project closure. Travelling to Renewable business sites as required, working in accordance with Company standards and procedures, ensuring plant income is maximised and risks assessed.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Working with SCADA, PLC, protection, and communication systems associated with large mechanical / electrical rotating plant and HV electrical systems.
- Assessing risk in all forms applied to design and implementation. (Including health and safety and environmental considerations).
- Developing Functional Design and other project documentation.
- The management of C&I Projects including & Project Costs & Contractor Management.
- Developing & managing Interfaces between Key Stakeholders Including Control Room & Asset Management, Maintenance Teams and functional Systems.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree or Equivalent in an Engineering function or ability to demonstrate suitable experience in a similar role.
- Experience of managing projects and contractors.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation/SCADA/DCS/RTUs/Historians / Plant Protection Systems.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Issues in Industrial Control Systems.
- Demonstrable Capability of Change management.
Although industry experience in a similar role is preferred, candidates with limited industry experience are encouraged to apply.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise at Contact Recruitment.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a criminal records and credit check.