|Position:||Contract Manager (Seagreen)|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent| Flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
About the Department
Our Procurement and Commercial team are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What is the Role
As Contract Manager you will be responsible for the commercial management and administration of contracts within the Renewables Business Area to ensure successful delivery in accordance with all internal policies and procedures such as the Procurement Manual, Commercial Manual and the LCP Governance Framework Manual. You will support the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
- Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on project(s) / contract(s).
- Work with the Category Managers and Procurement Officers (Strategic and Shared Service Centre) to ensure the best approach is taken in sourcing goods, works or services.
- Liaise with peers to review best practice, lessons learned etc.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the Head of Procurement and Commercial and the Procurement and Commercial Manager(s) in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers including; estimating, sourcing management/support, cost/budget management, payment & expenditure management
- Identify supply chain cost reduction opportunities and improvements in the Procurement and Commercial process.
- Provide commercial support to Strategic Procurement Officers in the development and execution of sourcing events as required to support projects including the review of sourcing strategies, providing cost estimates, preparing bills of quantities, analysing submissions, supporting tender interviews and review of contract award recommendations.
- Conduct sourcing events (if required) procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions within own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
- Compile, negotiate and award Call Off Contracts in accordance with terms and provisions of Agreements. Managing the interface with suppliers/contractors and internal stakeholders to ensure value for money and appropriate commercial controls are embeded in all contracts.
- Deliver all project(s)/contract(s) within own area of responsibility and approved budget authorisations.
- Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
- Work within own team to ensure processes are aligned and escalate issues. Responsible for ensuring complaince to all internal policies and procedures and audit requirements such as self audits or compliance reviews.
What do I need?
- Degree educated or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body preferred. [If construction Contracts Manager then Quantity Surveying Degree required]
- Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts
- Understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
- Sufficient management skills to stand-in for manager if required.
- Highly developed drafting and writing skills.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle Purchasing Systems
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Ability to influence users outside own sphere of responsibility.
- Excellent communications skills.
- High self-confidence - confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively.
- Good team player.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch; sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.