|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Flexible, Scotland or UK with Leeds, Glasgow or Perth preferred
Salary: £39400-59000 + car / allowance+ performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
In SSE Thermal, our vision is to become the leading provider of flexible thermal energy in a net zero world. To achieve this, we are working on cutting-edge carbon capture and hydrogen solutions across the UK. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality Thermal assets across the UK and Ireland. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
We are recruiting for a Contract Manager for the Development team, supporting our growing fleet of assets. Specifically, we are looking for a Contract Manager (ideally Development or Quantity Surveying experienced) to join our Thermal Procurement and Commercial team to support this exciting project pipeline in the UK and Ireland.
- Supporting the Procurement and Commercial Manager in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers
- Supporting all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented. (Development Projects)
- Managing the procurement of essential work scopes, procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value.
- Building and supporting the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on project(s) / contract(s)
- Ensuring robust frameworks and contracts are in place to maintain the assets over their lifetime, ensuring outage projects are completed to time and the assets deliver contracted performance/reliability outputs
What do I need?
We are looking for individuals who are degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualification, with Construction, Engineering or Oil & Gas commercial / contract management experience and may have, or be working towards, professional membership of a relevant technical or professional body, for example MRICS
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Commercial, contract or cost experience in delivering large capital projects
- Knowledge of estimating, cost & budget management, and contract administration
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts with understanding of the relevant conditions of contract in supporting strategic projects/contracts.
- Awareness of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Whats in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 344763.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.