|Position:||Contract Manager - Cost Lead|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our Procurement and Commercial team are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What is the Role?
SSE's core purpose is to provide the energy people need in a reliable and sustainable way. Our strategy is to deliver sustained growth in the dividend payable to shareholders through the efficient operation of, and investment in, a balanced range of regulated and non-regulated businesses.
SSEN Transmission require a cost lead to support the Shetland HVDC Project and associated Connection Projects over the next 4 years. The role will involve supporting the Project teams and assist in the successful commercial delivery of these projects. To successfully operate within a regulated business environment, we require to monitor, control and report on all cost matters incurred on the Projects.
Working within the Shetland Project Team, as the Contract Manager (Cost Lead) you will be expected to take a lead role in the coordination and fulfilment of all cost, budget and forecasting reporting activities required by the Procurement and Commercial team.
You will also work with the Procurement and Commercial Managers and their teams to ensure that all cost management requirements will be coordinated and consistent across all projects. You will also engage with our Finance and Accounts Payable departments on all policy developments.
You will comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance. You will also support the Senior Procurement and Commercial Manager in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers.
What do I need?
- Understanding of the financial aspects and implications of projects along with awareness of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
- Demonstrate experience and competency on all cost management issues including cost reporting, forecasting, accrual management and supply chain payment.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions and detailed knowledge of Company procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
- Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data & experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts with and understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
- Sufficient management skills to stand-in for manager if required and highly developed drafting and writing skills including IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle Purchasing Systems.
The Contract Manager (Cost Lead) will also support the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
You will possess the ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure whilst still delivering quality output and prioritise requirements where necessary. Attention to detail is a must as well as the ability to work methodically through a demanding workload. You will need to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and hold the ability to influence and negotiate with users outside your own sphere of responsibility.
- Professional qualifications - MRICS desirable
- Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent
- Significant experience of managing contracts on projects or programmes of work of £5-30M
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch with Hannah. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.