|Position:||Connections Assistant Accountant|
|Salary:||GBP29300 - GBP38600 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £29,300 - £38,600 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working available
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future
What is the Role?
Networks Finance have a vacancy for a Connections Assistant Accountant based in Reading to manage and control over 15,000 electricity connections projects per annum. The Networks connections business delivers new connections to individuals and large companies across southern England. An exciting and varied role has arisen within our team based in Reading
Reporting to the Connections Finance Manager, this role will be responsible for two of the four regions in the south.
The Connections Assistant Accountant will undertake the following duties:
- Monitor, control and manage, income and costs for two of the four southern regions to ensure that the budgets set for each region are met on both a monthly and annual basis.
- Reviewing and managing profitability of ongoing projects and projects being moved into closure with both regional and commercial staff to ensure performance to budgets.
- Provide guidance and training where required to networks business staff in the use of harmony project accounting including project billing.
- Build effective relationships with staff and managers at a number of levels to facilitate the coordination of budgets and forecasts for regions under your control.
- Be responsible for control account reconciliation for the regions under your control covering Work in Progress and Deferred Income.
- Work with the project teams to accurately assess financial risk and cost allocation that could impact the project performance and review projects on an ongoing basis with Team Managers and commercial staff to ensure projects deliver to target cost.
- Ensure that projects being financial closed are making the correct regulated margin. Allowing regulatory reporting to be completed accurately and in order that this can be submitted to Ofgem on a timeous manner.
- Support end to end connections process on job closures, refunds to customers and other connections activities including banking and control account reconciliation.
- Work with the Connections Finance Manager to ensure processes and procedures are operating effectively.
What do I need?
- Finance professional actively studying within professional level of CIMA or ACCA.
- Key understanding / knowledge of Oracle EBS including project billing.
- Commercial aware and astute individual.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Ability to work well in a project team environment and lead where required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build key relationships.
- Ability to drive process improvements
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with hannah. / 01412247750 We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.