|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: Circa €55,000 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
People in Corporate Affairs work collaboratively externally and internally to advise, influence and communicate in order to help SSE's businesses succeed and contribute to SSE being a leading energy provider in a low-carbon world. We have a wide range of audiences we want to reach including investors, competitors, governments, partners, suppliers, communities and prospective employees, and our Corporate Affairs team build and cultivate these relationships to help us get our story across.
What is the Role?
The primary purpose of the role is to protect and enhance the reputation of the SSE Energy Customer Solutions (retail) businesses through effective communications. The role holder will utilise media relations, stakeholder engagement, digital communications and issues management to deliver first class proactive and reactive communications which support the delivery of SSE's strategic objectives. The Communications Manager will be able to identify reputational risks, and opportunities, and create a strategy for handling and resolving them; and should be able to identify and deliver opportunities to influence positively key stakeholders to achieve sustainable business outcomes.
What do I need?
The successful candidate should ideally understand the energy sector and associated infrastructure, with an in-depth understanding of energy retail markets; an excellent understanding of energy retail business activities and operations and also have the ability to demonstrate understanding of the political and regulatory regime. As well as an understanding of the media environment and SSE's approach to managing it along with experience of managing communications/media engagement as well as other influential stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also have the following;
- Ability to build and manage healthy relationships
- Experience of working in public relations, media relations and stakeholder engagement roles
- Capacity to shape and influence internal and external organisations and individuals
- Ability to provide informed advice, rigour and challenge, where appropriate
- The ability to deliver high quality work in a demanding environment whilst maintaining accuracy
- Experience of providing stakeholder support and activity engaging with professionals from a range of disciplines
- Ability to ensure communication materials are accurate and be able to use a range of traditional and new communication tools with target audiences in mind
- Excellent PR skills and working knowledge of Ireland's political and regulatory landscape
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and clearly explain complex technical and economic issues
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Build credibility and trust within the business through knowledge and understanding
- Ideally have experience of event management
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.