|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Job Title: Commercial Solicitor
Location: Perth, Glasgow or Reading
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions. SSE Enterprise Rail is the specialist rail division of the SSE Group with over 15 years experience delivering projects to meet the growing demands of Britains rail infrastructure with diverse experience in design, engineering, project, reactive and maintenance works across the UKs rail network.
What is the Role?
We are seeking to recruit a Commercial Solicitor to join our legal team based in either our Perth, Glasgow or Reading offices with commercial and/or construction experience or relevant transferable skills.
Reporting to the Head of Legal for Contracting and Rail, you will be responsible for providing legal advice to a variety of stakeholders with varying needs within the Contracting and Rail business, including in respect of bid tender pre-submission stage through to contract award with varying value and complexity, construction disputes, with the support of the group dispute resolution team and external advisors, where appropriate, transactional support for business unit specific M&A activity and general commercial agreements.
What do I need?
The essential skills and experience you will bring to this role:
- Qualified lawyer with circa 3-5 years PQE;
- A comprehensive understanding of the legal and commercial issues that are pertinent to the SSE Group and the Energy market and the Contracting and Rail business;
- Broad experience of commercial legal matters including drafting and leading negotiations on commercial agreements;
- Some knowledge of construction contracts and dispute resolution processes would be beneficial;
- A passion to work as part of a high performing team, sharing knowledge, best practice and supporting colleagues;
- Comfortable working independently and leading their own matters;
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to giving legal advice and support in a clear and concise manner across the business;
- Confident and resilient in their approach to their work, legal skills and knowledge;
- Willing to take an active role in supporting more junior members of the team.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.