|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. This role sits within the Distributed Energy business within the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. The Distributed Energy business is supporting SSE Groups vision for a low carbon future, operating in markets such as electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure, local generation, heat networks and smart cities.
What is the Role?
We are seeking to recruit a Commercial Solicitor to join our legal team based in either our Glasgow, Perth or Reading offices with commercial and corporate experience or relevant transferable skills.
Reporting to the respective Head of Legal, you will be responsible for providing legal advice to a variety of stakeholders in respect of projects, tenders and general commercial agreements under the sectors operating in the Distributed Energy business (ranging from EV, distributed generation and storage, heat networks and smart cities).
What do I need?
The essential skills and experience you will bring to this role:
- Qualified lawyer with circa 3-5 years PQE;
- A comprehensive understanding of the legal and commercial issues that are pertinent to the Distributed Energy business or utilities sector, the SSE Group and the energy market;
- Broad experience of commercial matters (preferably in the utilities and/or energy sector) including drafting and leading negotiations on commercial agreements;
- A passion to work as part of a high performing team, sharing knowledge, best practice and supporting colleagues;
- Comfortable working independently and leading their own matters;
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to giving legal advice and support in a clear and concise manner and within timescales;
- Confident and resilient in their approach to their work, legal skills and knowledge;
- Willing to take an active role in supporting more junior members of the team.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees