|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + Performance Related Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Commercial Modeller role is responsible for building commercial models and managing financial and commercial analysis for Distributed Energy (DE) projects, supporting business growth by modelling and appraising risk and return from our solutions and projects. This role supports senior commercial roles in both servicing the development teams with key commercial outputs for projects, but also ensuring that rigour is applied to proposals and investment papers.
- Build and manage financial models and assumptions registers for core DE propositions, working with all relevant teams and stakeholders, through the gate processes, in particular corporate finance.
- Deliver bespoke commercial and financial analysis for projects as required, supporting team with project negotiations.
- Manage commercial elements of new proposition development, in particular commercial appraisal modelling, and risk/opportunity analysis.
- Support senior commercial modellers with commercial elements of proposals to customers and stakeholders for projects.
- Become an expert in key market and commercial elements behind assumption registers, to help drive good decision making.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A strong commercial and financial background and understanding is required, with experience of long term contracts and project development desirable.
- A knowledge of financial modelling, with a focus on investment development and appraisal would also be required.
- A knowledge and awareness of the UK energy market, the operation of electricity networks and distributed energy/behind the meter generation and storage assets would be desirable although not essential
- To succeed in this role you will need to be comfortable working on multiple projects at a time, with a continuous pipeline of projects being progressed through all stages of development. The ability to identify priorities according to deadlines is essential.
- This role would suit someone with some financial modelling or analytical experience looking to develop their existing skills and also expand their knowledge into a wider commercial modelling role.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.