|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: up to £42,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible working patterns available |37 hours per week
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What is the Role?
As Commercial Account, you'll be responsible for providing financial and technical support to the SSE Networks (SSEN) division, reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager. Your role will primarily be responsible for preparation of the statutory financial statements for the Networks companies. This will involve liaising with external auditors, the management accounting team and internal business assurance colleagues.
The role requires use of the financial systems (Harmony, TM1 and Cognos) and dedication to the development of an understanding of our price controls, the nature of regulated Networks and the role of the Regulator. Equipped with this knowledge, the role will be able to support decision making and technical accounting decisions specific to our companies.
This is a varied and challenging role with primary responsibilities as follows:
- Preparing the financial statements for the Distribution and Transmission statutory entities
- Supporting work on the regulatory reporting requirements mandated by the Regulator and following the appropriate data assurance process
- Supporting the external audit process across the Networks entities
- Involvement in the Transmission tariff setting process and industry charging matters
- Supporting the wider management accounting team with technical accounting matters
- Supporting the Commercial Finance Manager in preparation of the statutory financial statements;
- Taking a lead in preparation for and completion of the audit process at various points during the financial year;
- Establishing and improving processes, procedures and methodologies to improve statutory and regulatory reporting
- Providing financial support to aid decision making across the Networks division
- Supporting the Transmission tariff setting process
- Working closely with Finance and Regulation colleagues on Regulatory Finance matters
- Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
What do I need?
- Fully qualified accountant, would suit both a newly qualified or experienced accountant
- Willingness to undertake a varied and challenging role
- Ability to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard
- Pro-active and uses initiative to enhance financial reporting
- Comfortable reviewing finance related elements of legal/regulatory documentation
- Willingness to undertake challenging tasks often beyond your comfort zone.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch; sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.