|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Codes Manager to join our Business Planning & Commercial department.
The role will be responsible for understanding our current codes and identifying what actions are required to support the long-term strategic direction of the company. This role requires a proactive approach to implementing the plan and ensuring it is delivered.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Strategic code planning through engagement with relevant internal and external business experts, identify current issues with the codes and standards. Code development - using the strategic plan and working with internal and external experts develop options for amendments to the codes and standards that will deliver what is required.
- Develop a code implementation plan that includes identification of parties that can support our plans, how best to take it to the relevant forums and engage in the modification proposals to get them implemented.
- Leadership - Lead, develop, coach, motivate and empower all employees and third-party contractors in line with the SSE Leadership Blueprint to deliver and perform to their full potential within a positive but challenging environment which encourages people to succeed and excel.
- Motivate and challenge the wider Transmission business to deliver and achieve its full potential, in particular in the area of expertise around codes and standards. Develop a culture of continuous improvement, drive quality standards and regulatory compliance.
- Plan, organise and manage codes and standards for SSEN Transmission, ensuring regular engagement with other transmission owners, the system operator, Ofgem & DECC. Actively maintain a safety culture that will constructively challenge unsafe behaviour and praise positive behaviour.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Thorough understanding of the UK Networks businesses gained in a commercial, technical, regulatory or legal environment.
- An understanding of the price control challenges and targets around RIIO-T2. Experience dealing with external stakeholders including System Operator, other transmission owners, Ofgem, DECC, Government departments.
- People-management skills with the ability to network, internally/externally to facilitate the development of stakeholders and key industry influencers.
- Ability to deliver within challenging timescales, the ability to effectively prioritise, plan and organise, balance immediate and longer-term business priorities.
- Ability to challenge the "status quo" propose imaginative, appropriate solutions and implement innovative business improvements.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact or 01738 342871.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.