|Position:||Civils & Fibre Supervisor|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: up to £34,799 Depending on Skills and Experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | 37 hours per week
About the Department
SSE is one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in the UK and a successful player in the UK energy supply business with around 10 million customers across our various brands. SSE Telecoms is a specialist System integrator of the SSE. With extensive experience working in very challenging environments. We have grown to become a market-leading solution provider. We offer the expertise from a company with significant resources and infrastructure and its own extensive corporate fibre optic nationwide telecom network. We provide all aspects of system integration, from fibre optic cabling through to implementing complete LAN and WAN infrastructures, are all undertaken for our clients nationwide.
What is the Role?
Are you interested in joining a company that has ambitions and investment to grow 10 times its current size? We currently operate 13,800km of private telecoms network with an estate of 70 data centres. Imagine the magnitude of change and growth you could be part of and influence!
A company that views its employees as a key part of its assets has flexibility and agility as its core working values, which enables excellent work/life balance.
Are you interested in ensuring you keep developing and work in dynamic team structures?
If your answer is yes, then we want to talk to you!
What do I need?
Civils Supervisors are to undertake a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Daily management of the teams and construction sites
- Ensuring that all Safety and Environmental matters about the site are managed correctly.
- Ensuring that any signing lighting and guarding and traffic control measures required are set out correctly in and in accordance with Chapter 8 of the NRSWA.
- Ensuring that all materials used comply with the appropriate specification and are stored and handled correctly.
- Ensuring that all pressure tests are undertaken in accordance with the procedures and records produced.
- Ensuring that the reinstatement of the disturbed area is completed in accordance with the relevant specification.
- Responsible for personal safety at all times.
- Undertakes Audits in accordance with the company's policies.
- You will also be required to be a member of the reactive callout team, responding to and managing various issues and faults across the country on a rolling rota basis so flexibility is a must for this role.
- Experience or a willingness to learn new skills in structured cabling copper/fibre optic systems
- Strong Knowledge of and commitment to the Company's overall aims and objectives with and understanding of all relevant SSE processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure supplied and maintained by SSE Telecoms.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
Well let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments, you require to submit your application please get in touch
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Companys verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.