|Position:||Civils and Fibre Supervisor|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: Up to £35,648 plus bonus depending on Skills and Experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week
About the Department
SSE is one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in the UK and a successful player in the UK energy supply business with around 10 million customers across our various brands. SSE Telecoms is a specialist System integrator of the SSE. With extensive experience working in very challenging environments. We have grown to become a market-leading solution provider. We offer the expertise from a company with significant resources and infrastructure and its own extensive corporate fibre optic nationwide telecom network. We provide all aspects of system integration, from fibre optic cabling through to implementing complete LAN and WAN infrastructures, are all undertaken for our clients nationwide.
We currently operate 13,800km of private telecoms network with an estate of 70 data centres. Imagine the magnitude of change and growth you could be part of and influence! A company that views its employees as a key part of its assets has flexibility and agility as its core working values, which enables excellent work/life balance.
What is the Role?
Civils Supervisors are to undertake a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Daily management of civils and fibre optic contractors.
- Daily management of the teams and construction sites.
- Ensuring that all Safety and Environmental matters with regard to the site are managed correctly.
- Ensuring that any signing lighting & guarding and traffic control measures required are set out correctly and in accordance with Chapter 8 of the NRSWA.
- Ensuring that all materials used comply with the appropriate specification and are stored and handled correctly.
- Ensuring that all pressure tests are undertaken in accordance with the procedures and records produced.
- Ensuring that the reinstatement of the disturbed area is completed in accordance with the relevant specification.
- Responsible for personal safety at all times.
- Undertakes Audits in accordance with the Company's policies.
- Experience or a willingness to learn new skills in structured cabling copper/fibre optic systems
You will also be required to be a member of the reactive callout team, responding to and managing various issues and faults across the country on a rolling rota basis so flexibility is a must for this role.
What do I need?
- Strong Knowledge of and commitment to the Company's overall aims and objectives.
- Knowledge of all relevant SSE processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure supplied and maintained by SSE Telecoms.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Openreach PIA accredited
- Sub Station authorisations Cat 1a, 2a,2b & 3a
- AP4 accredited
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong customer service ethic and skills
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Able to stay calm under pressurised conditions
For the correct candidate training will be given in support of the above qualifications.
A full UK drivers licence is required for this role.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. Internal candidates - as a courtesy, please inform your manager prior to submitting an application for this role.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra "if it's not safe, we don't do it".
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.