Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Civil Procurement Specialist
Up to GBP50000 per annum + Flexible
Do you have several years working experience in Civil Construction procurement? Do you have familiarity with EPC / Major Project Environments and Multi-Contractor Projects? Would you like the opportunity to join one of the world's most well renowned engineering companies? Would you like a bonus package including an annual bonus, matched pension up to 10%, 33 days holidays p/a plus much more?
What you need to have:
- Several years working experience in Civil Construction procurement
- Familiarity with EPC I Major Project Environments and Multi-Contractor Projects
- Several years' experience supporting work winning activities
- Flexibility to travel across UK & Ireland. Occasional visits to mainland Europe.
- Experience of and understands Target Cost, Re-Measurable, Activity Schedule contracting approaches.
- Experience of and understands two stage procurement with Early Contractor Involvement.
- Experience of working with NEC3.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understands Bills of Quantities / Activity Schedules.
- Experience of working with the planning process
- Experience of UK Building regulations
- Knowledge of the RIBA Stages
- Knowledge of the Electrical Generation or Transmission Industry
- Experience of managing procurement packages up to £50 million
- Experience of FIDIC contracts
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchase + Supply
- Salary negotiable from £50k DoE
- Annual Bonus
- Company Vehicle or allowance
- Matched pension up to 10%
- Flexible package
Project procurement planning
- Collaborates with tendering, project, and category teams to determine necessary items for procurement during the project. Then takes on responsivity for and drives the procurement lifecycle. Develops time schedules, sourcing plan, forecasts and procurement budgets for submission to the tender and project teams.
- Aligns project supply chain activities with the organization's sourcing strategies and approved vendor list. Escalates exceptions to ensure best cost, quality, sustainability and delivery performance.
Supplier identification & selection
- Collaborates with project team to identify new sub contractors and suppliers, ensures customer approval for project supplier list. Following the internal process to qualify new sub contractors / suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- Manages relationships with suppliers (including negotiations, frame agreements and purchase orders) in partnership with regional and Global Category Management teams.
- Leading the negotiations with sub-contractors & suppliers, and periodically renews framework rates, terms and conditions and feeds back recommendations for appropriate actions. Ensures a detailed, auditable, multi-disciplinary evaluation process is carried out for packages with major spend.
- Awareness of corporate contractual framework. Collaborating with Legal and Contract Management for the creation of new contractual terms for suppliers and subcontractors. Good Contractual awareness. Recommending frame agreements to management.
- Analyzing and evaluating bids within the scope, in order to determine the optimal value.
- Supporting bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information within the area of responsibility and managing the sub-contractor competitive process in parallel.
- Analyzes procurement work-hours and monitors project staffing plans and project procurement work-hour expenditures. Cooperates with functional managers and HR department in project staffing.
Procedures & Process Alignment
- Conducting all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensuring ABB global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in the procedure within the scope of activities.
- Pro-actively monitors the project procurement status and updates project team
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer