|Salary:||Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
Base Location: Contin
Salary: £11.55ph - £13.60ph - 45 hour working week. Salary depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
Our Renewables Operations business has an opportunity for a Civil Operative. Some of the key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Maintain the Civil Hydro Assets within our catchments.
- Responsible for carrying out a wide range of Civil construction duties and activities within the Civil Squad, ranging from replacing or repairing concrete structures and pipelines to the maintenance of buildings, roads, bridges and other assets within the Hydro Business.
- Working on the Hydro Assets involves working the majority of the time outside throughout the year, the role involves a level of physical work from hillwalking, ditch clearing and general manual handling.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant experience in civil construction activities ranging from general labouring duties, concrete repairs, RC concreting works, and relevant activities within this industry.
- Plant operation experience would be advantageous
- Safety is one of our key priorities so you should have the ability to risk assess activities throughout your working day and to work within our Health and Safety guidelines.
- An ability to achieve authorisation levels within SSE Generation System Safety Rules (GSSRs) will be necessary (training will be provided).
- The work involves regular travel and where necessary, working away from home may be required. As you will be travelling to different sites it is essential you already hold a full, current driving licence.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise at Contact Recruitment.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.