|Position:||Civil Operations Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP42691 - GBP55653 per annum + Car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Dundee
Salary: £42,691 - £55,653 + car / allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The duties and responsibilities of the Civil Operations Engineer are:
- You will have responsibility for the collation of data from existing and new build projects on the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV Transmission network to develop robust operation and maintenance manuals. This will include reviewing civil (including buildings and structures) and environmental engineering and operational design of Transmission Networks produced by project and engineering teams to ensure safe, flexible and operational networks are constructed.
- You will manage and undertake asset collection from network field operations and operational safety for the large scale portfolio of capital infrastructure works being managed by SSEN's Transmission team.
- You will be review and accept contractor designs for interaction with the SSEN's Transmission network, project manage civil aspects of operational works and ensure that operation of plant and equipment is compliant with the company's Operational Safety Rules and industry best practice.
- You will be responsible for safely carrying out civil engineering work on the electrical network, by presenting Contractors documentation to Senior Authorised Persons to ensure worker safety near or on electrical systems.
- You will ensure that all necessary legislative requirements have been delivered such as ESQCR, CDM & others.
- You will manage the handover of plant and equipment from contractors to SSEN, ensuring that design and operability factors have been included.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- In depth knowledge of statutory, regulatory and licenced requirements and detailed operational knowledge of the technical and safety requirements of an electricity network including outage management.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills to be able to review, understand and overcome technical performance issues and find engineering solutions.
- Man-Management skills combined with previous experience of managing large teams and their performance.
- HNC (minimum) in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification in similar background with experience gained in a utility or engineering environment.
- Process & analyse large volumes of data and present results in a clear & concise manner.
- A full and valid UK driving license is essential.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.