|Position:||Capital Accountant - Special Projects|
|Salary:||plus annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £32,700 - £41,900 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
This role will be responsible for providing financial support in relation to Capital Investment on behalf of the Electricity Distribution Business, reporting to the Distribution Capital Finance Manager.
This is a challenging and exciting role where there is the opportunity to take on various responsibilities underpinned by comprehensive and robust financial control, management reporting, and day-to-day accounting. You will support strategic business planning by providing financial modelling, analysis, over-sight and governance in relation to Capital Investment specifically for Technology projects and Submarine Cable Investment.
This role will primarily be responsible for end to end accounting for Technology and Submarine Cable investment from initial project modelling, month end-accounting, governance and project completion including post investment appraisal.
What do I need?
- Relevant accounting experience (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA);
- Willingness to undertake a varied and challenging role;
- To succeed in this post the candidate will need to be enthusiastic, have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence Project Managers and senior staff;
- Ability to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard;
- Fixed Asset experience including using Oracle and PBCS would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Has an interest in understanding the wider business and its commercial drivers and keen to develop skills and experience further as part of professional development;
- Pro-active and uses initiative to develop and enhance financial support to the business to help maximise value;
- Overall, you will need to be assertive, pro-active and diligent in your approach and be willing to undertake challenging tasks often beyond their 'comfort zone'.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with Hannah Cutajar Hannah.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.