|Position:||C & I Engineering Team Lead|
|Salary:||Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Scotland/Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland
Salary: Competitive depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Onshore Wind Engineering Manager, you'll lead the C & I Engineering team to support the Operations Teams across all regions as a matrix organisation, ensuring a strong team culture and highest possible standards exist across all stakeholders. You'll be responsible for ensuring that C & I assets across the fleet of Onshore Windfarms in UK and Ireland are managed safely, consistently and effectively for both routine maintenance and defect resolution activities to deliver a robust and reliable communications infrastructure while ensuring Cyber Security.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Perform line management duties for team, including: identification of objectives that benefit both the business and personal development goals of the individuals, performance management reviews and identification of personal development opportunities.
- To implement new Asset Management processes and strategies into the Teams Business as Usual activity.
- To build budget submissions for upcoming financial years that consider the following: routine maintenance activities, rectification of defects / regular issues, implementation of innovative ideas to improve safety and/or operating performance.
- Performing all elements of contract management for works within engineering discipline.
- Ensuring that SSE's Management Standards and good industry practices are considered in addition to legislation, with the overall intention of ensuring that employees, the general public and the environment are not "at risk" with the operation of SSE's Onshore Wind assets.
What do I need?
We are looking for a Degree Qualified Engineer, or the ability to demonstrate suitable experience of working within engineering management role focused around high value assets. You'll be confident discussing technology within the teams asset management responsibility such as SCADA, MS SQL Database, PLC coding and Grid Code Compliance.
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are a must, with the ability to effectively negotiate and influence across varying levels of stakeholders and manage conflict in high pressure situations.
Strong people management skills are essential for this role, as is the capability to organise staff both within the engineering team and wider stakeholder management structure to ensure delivery against maintenance requirements and timescales.
Commercial acumen and the ability to understand the context and implications of engineering activity and decisions will be extremely beneficial.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse..
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.