Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Business Development Manager
Preston, Northwest England
GBP48000 - GBP50000 per annum + bonus + car + benefits
Business Development Manager - Combined Heat and Power Projects
Basic salary circa £50,000 per annum + bonus + car or allowance + great benefits
Covering the M62 corridor area, ideally located in the North West
My client is a market leader in environmental solutions and they are looking for a combined heat and power (CHP) specialist to join their team to cover the northern area. You'll have the back up of a multinational organisation with great service delivery to support with tenders and large project opportunities. You will need sector knowledge, either CHP experience or another form of related power supply and you'll be joining a great team with long term career opportunities.
- This is a field based sales role selling CHP solutions to a variety of different market sectors from leisure and hotels to public sector, retail and industrial clients and logistics.
- You'd be dealing with consultants, contractors, developers and end users looking at technical aspects of the project as well as commercial factors.
- Covering the M62 corridor area from Liverpool to Hull based from home
- This is a new business focused role although there will be multiple project opportunities with some of the same contacts and there is an established client base to work from and incoming enquiries
- Responsible for all elements of the sales process from enquiry, site visit, consultation, pricing and tendering if needed and then ongoing to get the project off the ground
- We're looking for someone with a strong engineering background within the energy and power sector and while this doesn't have to be within CHP, we do need you to have some knowledge of the Combined Heat and Power industry.
- Ideally you'll have field based sales experience, however if you are an engineer who has commercial understanding and has managed large power projects, applications or tenders this could be a great step into sales.
- We need strong business acumen as you will need to understand cash flow in a project, be able to understand commercial terms and conditions and deal with a variety of different decision makers and influencers during the process
- You'll be located in the North West area
- This role is based on the road so it's essential that you have a full UK driving license
- A basic salary circa £50,000 is offered
- There is an annual bonus of up to 20%
- Company car or allowance of £550 per month
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional benefits
This role is available immediately so please apply below and we will be in touch with shortlisted candidates within 48 hours
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
bonus + car + benefits