|Position:||Business Development Manager - Ireland|
|Salary:||Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: Circa €70,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus + company vehicle
Working Pattern: Permanent - Full Time Hours with Flexible working patterns available - 37.5 hours per week
SSE Airtricity Utility Solutions is part of the SSE Group and is a leading electrical specialist contractor in Ireland. Operating in a dynamic environment, we are currently involved in a range of projects throughout Ireland running a variety of commercial and term contracts and have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to work with our Commercial and Operations teams based from our Dublin office.
The Business Development Manager Ireland role is focused on developing the HV/MV/LV contracting business within the Republic of Ireland. Maximising HV/MV/LV opportunities across Ireland with large clients including the internal SSE Ireland business, large tier 1 contractors and Consultants. Developing strong internal relationships with the regional operational, commercial and estimating team and managing the internal sales process and authorisation procedures.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of sales achievement with over 5 years of experience within the construction sector, preferably the electrical contracting market.
- Knowledge of the High and Medium Voltage (HV/MV) Market in Ireland would be advantageous.
- Experienced new business hunter & account manager
- Have proven "closing" ability in converting large €0.5M+ complex solutions
- Possess strong commercial awareness and experience of sales forecasting, targeting and reporting.
- Experience of selling into B-2-B Enterprise markets
- Demonstrate market knowledge in contracting and direct end user sectors
- Have experience in leading and responding to major RFQ, RFI and RFP bid responses
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Previous sales experience is essential
- Demonstrate achievement of sales targets on a monthly basis.
- Have a high standard of computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), writing and numeric skills
- Full clean drivers licence
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Experience in the use of Salesforce.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills
- Be articulate, confident and tenacious with the ability to self-manage and act on own initiative
- A willingness to travel across Ireland as and when operational business requirements or client requirements dictate
- Able to construct & produce high quality customer proposals
SSE is Ireland's second largest energy utility and the leading developer and investor in cleaner energy infrastructure. SSE owns and operates over 2,000MW of generation capacity on the island of Ireland, of which 718MW is from renewable sources. Sitting within our Wholesale business, SSE Airtricity supplies greener electricity, natural gas and essential services to over 770,000 homes and businesses. Since 2008, SSE has directly invested over £2bn in growing its Ireland energy business including investment in large-scale, cleaner energy infrastructure. As a result of that investment SSE has contributed over €5bn to Irish Gross Domestic Product (GDP) since 2010, demonstrating the scale of economic activity that SSE's operations support across Ireland.
SSE Ireland has been certified by Business in the Community Ireland to the Business Working Responsibly Mark, the gold standard for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability in Ireland. The Mark is presented to companies that represent best-in-class leadership, policies, practices, performance, and impact in CSR and Sustainability including employee engagement, innovation, environmental practices, supply chain management and engagement with the local community.
We employ 1000 individuals doing everything from helping customers with their bills to the creation of clean, green renewable energy. Our people are important to us and we go to great lengths to extend the values of our award-winning customer service to our employees to ensure that as part of our diverse workforce, you have the flexibility and opportunity to develop to your fullest potential.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You'll enjoy 25 days annual leave entitlement, with the option to buy up to 10 extra days and will also be eligible for a host of other lifestyle benefits. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our "Be the Difference" scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.