|Position:||Business Change Portfolio Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Job Title: Business Change Portfolio Manager
Location: Reading or Cardiff
Salary: Up to £53,096 dependant on skills and experience
We all have different skills here at SSE and thats what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we dont do it. SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Department:
Energy Customer Solutions is the face of SSE to our customers in GB and Ireland, providing leading and reliable B2B services as well as leading retail solutions for our B2C customers.
As Business Change Portfolio Manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage and deliver a portfolio of business change activities in line with the overarching Change Implementation Plan and Transformation Change Governance Framework across a number of Business Energy projects.
This role will focus on industry and regulatory change requirements as well as wider change initiatives within BE. Youll work with IT and non IT Project Managers to ensure the correct Change activities are aligned to gated deliverables and will manage the delivery of those deliverable against the agree project timescales. The Business Portfolio Change Manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilisation of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realisation, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the Business Portfolio Change Manager may or may not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organisation to succeed. The Business Portfolio Change Manager will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfil the role of change sponsor. The Business Portfolio Change Manager may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Business Portfolio Change Manager will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
- Manage a portfolio of change across multiple projects
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that the correct change activities are agreed at the Initiation phase of BE projects and managed throughout the project life cycle
- Ensure dependencies are mapped for all change activities
- Ensure the timely delivery of all change activities across multiple projects
- Apply a change management process and the correct tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communication
- Conduct the Business Change Impact Assessment, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Ensure that KPI, Benefits and other performance indicators are defined, measurable and monitored
Skills & Experience Required:
- A solid understanding of peoples experience of the change curve and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Ability to manage multiple activities across multiple projects
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with medium to large-scale organisational change efforts
- Change management certification
- Continuous Improvement experience / qualification
- Knowledge of the Utilities industry
Please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining an example of managing a portfolio of change activities and a description of which tools and methodologies you have used.