|Position:||Business Analyst (Smart Meters)|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin 18
Salary: circa €45k depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time - Flexible working patterns available - 37.5 hours per week
About the Department
Energy Customer Solutions is the face of SSE to our customers in GB and Ireland, providing leading and reliable B2B services as well as leading retail solutions for our B2C customers.
What is the Role?
The objective of the Business Analyst (Smart) role is to identify and drive business requirements for the smart meter programme through SSE. The BA will work directly with IT, Home Energy, Business Energy and Transformation to design, document and deliver changes and efficiencies highlighted by the smart meter programme.
- Works with business to clarify requirements, to plan implementation and to answer queries through the development process
- Work with the IT team to ensure all requirements are captured and managed through the business and identify the business requirements to support the smart meter programme
- Marshals and documents requirements for the subsequent identification of an appropriate solution and the detailed design of a business process to accommodate it
- Undertakes business analysis projects and tasks under the leadership of a more experienced analyst or project manager
- Ensure the relevant departments are trained and able to support the processes
- Undertakes personal responsibility for the programme and ensure regulated policy is adhered to
- Identifies, determines and documents end-to-end business processes
- Carries out in depth scoping exercises during the early stages of a work package to identify key issues of concern and to ascertain clear direction
- Provide regular updates on the progress of various elements of the Smart Meter programme.
- Identify and recommended process and behavioural changes as identified by new processes created
- Embrace the growth of the programme and adapt to the requirements of the business demands
- Attend external industry workshops and present updates back to the business. Host internal workshops to get feedback to present back to the industry
What do I need?
- Significant BA experience in a similar support or development role, supporting business critical changes
- Demonstrates a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience
- Hands on experience organising and running workshops
- Hands on experience providing business updates to multiple business areas
- Hands on experience creating business process documentation and in process design
- Detailed knowledge of SSE Airtricity processes
- Clear understanding of the gas and electricity industry, metering standards, regulations and UX/CX.
- Problem solver; in a high pressurised environment
- Excellent time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas
- A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
- Facilitation skills; enabling people to reach agreement and develop work practices
- Capable of Co-ordinating different teams
- Persuasive & diplomatic in difficult situations
- Works well with and manages different personality types at different levels
- Ability to work with multiple teams to collect feedback and drive change based on this feedback
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch sse.
SSE Ireland has partnered with See Change and followed their six-step programme which included signing our workplace pledge to build a supportive culture to positively reduce the stigma and discrimination associated with mental health.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.