|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen & Inverness
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400+ performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The BIM Manager will be responsible for:
- Define and manage the Exchange & Information Requirements (EIR) in line with recognised industry standards, complete BIM Execution Plans, where appropriate, to demonstrate SSE compliance with the EIR.
- Set up Common Data Environment for a major HVDC project to allow Contractors to submit their 3D model in line with the Project Exchange & Information Requirements. Also, set up, manage and run clash detection process between package contractors to ensure clashes are identified to facilitate design decision process.
- Create BIM drawing standards for Transmission projects to define how the 3D models will be built, how families are structured and what information is to be embedded within the model and develop the conceptual and detailed design information into a fully co-ordinated and engineered 2D and 3D model which complies with the specifications and recognised industry standards.
- Work closely with the Project Development and Delivery Team, Commercial and Legal Teams, to support the development of innovative solutions for SSE and support legal and commercial teams in the preparation of contracts to ensure BIM / 3D model clauses are covered in the contract.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers, consultants, contractors and SSE design team members from the Engineering team along with representatives from other departments throughout the development of the solutions, to resolve design issues and queries and collaborate in the conceptual and detailed design of projects and their hand over to other stakeholders / contractors to take ownership during delivery.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience working in computer aided architectural drafting and design or related field.
- Extensive experience in computer aided design (2D and 3D CAD, e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp) and building modelling for energy infrastructure projects, such as: HVDC Converter Stations, Substations, Overhead Lines, Cables.
- An understanding of how to operate in a large business; working across multiple disciplines operating under different business models. Understand the challenges and intricacies of operating successfully within a matrix management structure.
- Project Management experience would be advantageous.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.