|Position:||BEMS/BMS Project Sales Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: South Wales and Southwest England, covering regions including Bristol, Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset
Salary: Competitive + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
What is the Role?
We're looking for a driven individual with BEMS/building services experience, who understands building management systems, energy optimisation and how buildings work. Someone who is passionate, hungry for success and desires career progression opportunities. The ability to interact with our clients and build relationships is essential as you'll be heavily client-facing. You won't be tied to one office, you'll be based remotely, servicing the South Wales and Southeast England regions. If this, plus an industry leading salary, an excellent bonus package and the option of a company car or car allowance sounds appealing then read on!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- With the support of the estimating team, you'll maximise our very large contract base and well-known brand to generate new business opportunities within the BMS/Building Controls space
- Ensuring our customers and professional design teams select the right products to deliver the buildings they require
- Grow and nurture excellent customer relationships through a consultative and collaborative working approach, utilising your strong sector experience
- Identify new business growth opportunities through gaining a strong understanding of your regional market trends, competitor insight etc.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong sales management/business development expertise within the BEMS sector, with relevant technical experience/qualifications
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and be comfortable presenting your ideas and solutions to a wider and varied market
- Strong business acumen with an entrepreneurial approach, proactive in asking the right questions to help deliver excellent results
- A consultative approach and have a thorough understanding of new products to provide our customers with innovative solutions
- A proactive and forward thinking mindset where you can add value to our business and the ability to demonstrate examples of your past and current projects
About our Business
SSE Energy Solutions is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
To discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact us on 01738 342298.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.