|Position:||BEMS Support Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Yorkshire and Humberside regions
Salary: Competitive + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
We've a new opening for an experienced and highly motivated BMS/BEMS Support Engineer to join our growing team covering Yorkshire and Humberside regions.
A varied role, you could be carrying out scheduled maintenance activities one day at a major hospital, to upgrading controllers at a pharmaceutical site or initiating an energy reduction initiative the next.
We're a regional business and as such you'll be working across the Yorkshire and Humberside, so if you are looking to reduce your time away from home and long days through travel then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responding to various customer service calls, whether they be emergency or scheduled, on site or remotely, you'll carry out full checks, analyse and diagnose problems through testing and interrogating Customers BMS
- Delivering exceptional levels of client/customer service, discussing the best course of action, working as a team with those customers to help deliver a Best in Class Service
- Confidently identify actions/equipment required and providing timescales around the resolution and highlighting any potential improvement or upgrade opportunities
- Providing customers with written service reports & field quotes on a daily basis; and your line manager will require timesheets and other necessary weekly information (like expenses) which must be delivered in a timely manner, so being highly organised is a key element of the role
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:
- Technically experienced in Trend or Siemens or Tridium BMS
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain a collaborative working environment with all stakeholders, including customer and external service providers
- Excellent customer service levels with a professional approach, and a dedication to meeting customer expectations, including delivering technical support, coaching and direction
- An agile working approach with flexibility to support on call rota structure
- As you will be traveling to different sites its essential that you hold a full driving licence
About our Business
SSE Energy Solutions design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as part of SSE's Distributed Energy division developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Working alongside our colleagues across SSE, we provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world - renewable energy generation - including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact 01738 342 298.