|Position:||BEMS Operations Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Leeds, covering surrounding regions
Salary: Competitive + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The Operations Manager reports into the Business Manager and will cover our Leeds and surround regions. This is a key role where you're responsible for ensuring the on time, within scope and within budget, delivery of support services, including injected works orders to our customers. This includes direct line management of Support Engineers who'll be maintaining, repairing and upgrading customer systems. As an Operations Manager, you'll be expected to manage Support Contracts to a total value of £1m+ each year.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and improving operating processes regularly to ensure efficiencies are identified and maximised
- Supporting and maintaining a collaborative working environment with external/internal customers and stakeholders and create a high performance culture in the Operations Team
- Ensuring close working relationships with the Commercial & Operational Finance Team to ensure Commercial & Financial Compliance and the mitigation of Risk
- You'll maintain and comply with internal controls, reporting, process and Authorities Matrix in order to mitigate commercial risk to protect the businesses assets and reputation
- Providing forecasting and reporting information as and when requested in the required format
- Attending Branch Business Review Meetings and Backlog reviews as and when required
- Ensuring that work is carried out in an organised manner, in conformance with all contractual and regulatory requirements and that all policies and processes within Energy Solutions are adhered to, including but not limited to, the Authorities Matrix and Overspend process
- Managing the technical and commercial aspects of allocated contracts and customers to ensure sales and margin targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded. In addition, the Operations Manager shall liaise with Account Managers and Business Development Managers on contract conditions, to ensure that the company's commercial and contractual interests are protected at all times
- Liaising with the Business Manager and Co-Ordinator to ensure resource allocation is adequate and in accordance with the requirements of each contract
- Ensuring that technical and commercial specifications are readily available to enable sub-contract orders to be placed. In addition, the Operations Manager shall, as necessary, be involved in negotiations with sub-contractors so that, under the conditions relating to any order placed, the company's position is protected and payment terms are established
- Ensuring that invoices and applications for payments are processed and approved in accordance with mandated time frames and applications are agreed in advance with the customer, prior to invoice submittal
What do I need?
- Strong experience operating as either an Operations Manager or similar within the BMS/BEMS & Controls, Construction or Mechanical & Electrical industry
- Proven and verifiable experience of Operations management in the industries outlined above
- Strong experience of managing and motivating people, setting objectives and inspiring others to achieve
- Demonstrable experience in operations management delivering against objectives and budget
- The ability to think laterally and creatively to develop innovative solutions to challenges and identify opportunities for improvement and advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management expertise
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage a number of contracts and customers at any one time
- Flexibility to travel within set region
About our Business
https://sseenergyoptimisation.co.uk/ design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as part of SSEs Distributed Energy division developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Working alongside our colleagues across SSE, we provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world - renewable energy generation - including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering whats in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, were proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE were proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here.
All applications should be submitted online, it doesn't take long.
To discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require, please contact Scot on 01738 342 298.
I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.