|Position:||Back Office Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Belfast (plus given the flexible working options we will welcome applications from across Northern Ireland)
Salary: from £19,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible working options available including working from home opportunities with training currently being delivered online
What is the Role?
At SSE Airtricity our customers and our employees are our priority and we're currently recruiting for a Back-Office Administrator in our gas business to join our growing team. Our core hours are 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:30 - 16:30 on a Friday, so there aren't any late nights and we don't just offer an early finish on a Friday, there's no weekend work at all!
Our blended model of working at home and in the office, provides our colleagues with the flexibility and support they require to succeed in this role. You'll be in a vibrant working atmosphere and our modern offices are in a city centre location close to shops, restaurants, and a public transport hub.
Working in our Back-Office team, you will:
- Ensure accounts are created, updated and amended accurately and compliantly in accordance with agreed policies, processes and procedures
- Work through assigned Back-Office reports to ensure all outstanding actions and jobs raised are completed within agreed timescales
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and focus on quality when capturing, inputting and changing information on customer accounts
- Provide support to the Billing Team as required to ensure that bills issued are accurate and queries are managed and responded to in accordance with our agreed timescales
- Actively engage with other colleagues and customers to manage customers' accounts, resolve queries and respond as required. Review and following up on internal queries from other departments within the business
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience in a customer service, customer accounting or administration environment
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to produce consistently accurate work
- A focus on the customer and providing a high quality of work
- Strong numeracy skills, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high standard of IT proficiency with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (specifically Excel)
About our Business
SSE Airtricity Gas Supply (NI) is the largest gas supplier operating in Northern Ireland. supplying natural gas to a growing customer base of over 183,000 customers, both commercial and domestic. In addition, SSE Airtricity supplies over 180,000 electricity customers in Northern Ireland.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of FTSE 100, SSE PLC, the wider group is responsible for the development and operation of some of the largest renewable generation assets in UK and Ireland, a portfolio of thermal power stations, strategically important electricity distribution and transmission businesses and successful UK and Ireland energy retail businesses.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button on our advert and after submitting your details, you'll be asked to complete an online test which will assess some of the skills required in this role.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on 01738 340 826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.