|Position:||Assistant Project Development Manager - Onshore Wind|
|Salary:||GBP32900 - GBP49300 per annum + annual bonus, car/cash allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow or Flexible UK
Salary: £32,900 - £49,300 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Our Capital Projects teams are responsible for developing and building our Renewables Assets, both onshore and offshore with a focus on maximising the value of our current pipelines, whilst pursuing new markets.
Sitting within the UK Onshore Project Team, your role will involve:
- Assisting the Development Project Managers in managing every aspect of the project development process within the SSE Large Capital Project framework.
- Working with Consents, Planning, Land, Engineering, Financial and Legal experts within the business in the assessment of opportunities, development, refinement and delivery of the projects.
- Collaborating with 3rd party consultants, local authorities, the Scottish Government and joint venture development partners.
- Developing in role and accruing the skills and experience to become a Project Manager.
The team are currently developing a strong pipeline of projects within the Onshore Wind, Pumped Storage Hydro and Solar sectors. The majority are in the UK, with an increasing number being overseas.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in large project/ project development environments, preferably from within the energy market.
- Knowledge of either planning or consenting processes would be highly beneficial.
- Degree qualified or equivalent work experience in a technical, commercial or legal discipline
- The ability to manage varied work streams and budgets across a variety of disciplines, showing strong numerical and analytical skills to deliver business cases.
- A passion for problem solving and thinking flexibly and laterally to find innovative solutions, whilst adhering to a quality assured process.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.