|Position:||Assistant Land Manager|
|Salary:||GBP38073 - GBP44257 per annum + car/allowance, pension|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Inverness, Argyll, Aberdeen, Glasgow (Flexible)
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 + car /cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The key duties & responsibilities of the Assistant Land Manager are:
- Support Land Managers in securing, maintaining, and managing robust land and property rights for projects across SSEN Transmissions network area.
- Support Land Managers in successfully applying and implementing Land Assembly Strategy in order to deliver project programmes for Large Capital Projects across Base Capex, Customer Connections and Strategic Wider Works portfolios as well as managing risk to future Network security.
- Stakeholder engagement is an important element of this role, and you will have an opportunity to learn from a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external. You will develop and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders in relation to policy over land and property rights, access and management of land, securing and maintaining rights in land and dealing with matters of valuation and compensation.
- The main stakeholder groups include SSEN Transmission project team members, landowners, tenants, their agents and relevant bodies such as local authorities, the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, Forestry and Land Scotland and local planning authorities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Good understanding of landownership systems in Scotland and practical knowledge of relevant land management matters
- Good knowledge of land and property rights, including some knowledge of wayleaves, servitudes and land acquisition
- Basic understanding of the relevant sections of the Electricity Act 1989, the Land Compensation Act 1973 and the Compulsory Purchase Act 1965
- Basic understanding of energy networks and their structure
- RICS accredited degree in order to progress the RICS APC and/or gain professional membership into the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Whats in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to enter into the RICS APC and CAAV training programmes, with dedicated support from other RICS and CAAV members within the SSE business.
You will receive an excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.