|Position:||Assistant Finance Systems Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth or Reading
Salary: up to £33,500 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent| Flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What is the Role?
The Assistant Finance Systems Accountant is a key role working within a specialist systems functional support team providing advice and guidance to the wider Finance and Business community who use TM1 (10.2), Harmony (Oracle ERP), Cognos Controller and the recently implemented PBCS (Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud System) application.
The Finance System team provide full administrative support for the above-mentioned applications, ensuring appropriate user access rights, security permissions, and financial controls within the systems. The team also provide front line support to users and assist with future system development activities.
In this role you will be required to manage IT Service Centre faults assigned to the team through to resolution. You will carry out maintenance on user accounts and metadata while co-ordinating the update of system policies and procedures. You will have some responsibility providing clerical and administrative support to the Finance System Administration team, assisting in the reconciliation and integrity of the applications.
What do I need?
- Educated to Degree level & progressing to full AAT membership as a minimum.
- Previous experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment and an awareness/understanding of financial systems; knowledge and experience of SSE's financial systems would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of one or more of the supported applications (TM1, Oracle ERP, PBCS)
- Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
- Knowledge and experience in SQL coding.
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework related to Systems.
- Experience of analysing, mapping and documenting complex processes.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Visio.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, presentation skills and the ability to work with all levels of the Organisation
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to understand complex issues and communicate them in simple terms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch Hannah Cutajar; Hannah.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.