|Position:||Assistant Civil Project Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP32600 - GBP48800 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Inverness or Aberdeen.
Salary: £32,600 - £48,800 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Due to a period of growth, SSEN Transmission is looking for an Assistant Civil Project Engineer to provide support to our Civil engineering team who work on a wide range of projects as we strive towards NetZero.
Innovation is at the heart of what we do as a team and you will have the opportunity to bring your ideas forward and influence the direction of the teams engineering solutions.
The key duties & responsibilities include:
- Support the Civil team with the drafting and preparation of engineering designs, documents or assessments for our projects.
- Work closely with our engineers and managers to help ensure that engineering and quality risks are identified and understood and that appropriate measures are put in place to minimise risk to projects.
- Assist in supporting budget submissions; engaging consultants to support our works; collating, checking and entering data into our Asset Register systems and preparing key engineering documents.
- Participate in the development of our digital design capabilities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of working in a technical role within a client or contracting organisation within the UK electricity supply industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- An understating of the capabilities and outputs of Civil3D.
- Demonstrable experience in using digital platforms such as Infraworks to facilitate early design development.
- Ideally, you will be qualified to a minimum of HND level, with relevant experience within a similar role. An understanding of the UK Transmission business would be an advantage.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.