|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland
Salary: SSE6 £31,972 - £42,224 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role
SSE's Renewable Operations business operate and maintain sites across GB and ROI; and are the UK's largest generator of electricity from renewable sources (wind and hydro), owning and operating almost half of the UK's total renewable generation capacity.
As Asset Planner you'll report to the Planning Team Lead and play a key role within the Operational Support Team.
Some of your main accountabilities will include:
- Prepare, develop and coordinate short-term and long-term plans to ensure maintenance requirements are prioritised and delivered effectively.
- Prepare and submit reports produced on maintenance activity, risk and performance, communicating works progress to key stakeholders and altering plans if required.
- The administration and upkeep of the maintenance management system 'IBM Maximo to ensure quality information relating to assets and maintenance activity is accurately captured and communicated as required.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are adhered to as necessary.
- Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance teams to identify resources to support budget build, annual planning and unplanned work
What do I need?
Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for someone with the following;
- A minimum qualification of HNC level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Practical experience working in a controlled Safety Environment.
- Sound knowledge of asset management and maintenance strategy.
- Experience within Wind or Electrical Generation Industry.
- Knowledge of asset management systems such as IBM Maximo, Microsoft Applications including MS Project.
- An understanding of Asset Planning (Tools / Techniques / Processes) coupled with Project and Work Management methodologies.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.