|Position:||Asset Manager Network Authority - Solar and Battery|
|Salary:||Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: Competitive + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Asset Operations team within SSE Solar and Battery has a pipeline to build, operate and maintain a significant pipeline of Solar and Battery Storage sites across the next 10 years. Operating these sites over their whole life in an efficient and effective manner is core to our overall Operational, Financial and commercial success. The Network Authority role is a critical role that is accountable for the operational decisions we make around how we operate, maintain, refurbish and replace our asset base throughout their whole lifecycle. They will work closely with their colleagues in Asset Management and O&M to ensure our whole life operational activities are based on site specific conditions, manufacturer recommendations, sound operational experience and industry best practice.
They should have a good understanding of all equipment types associated to a Solar and Battery site including HV Electrical, LV Electrical, Monitoring and Communications, Grounds Maintenance, Security, Safety Systems and will be the senior point of operational escalation leading on the resolution of significant operational issues impacting our sites.
The role will also be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of fault and reliability trends across our Asset base to support optimisation of maintenance strategy. They will lead on initiatives to overcome the issues identified in the analysis.
The Network Authority role will involve the following:
- Foster a culture of safety across your team and the wider business unit by demonstrating the right SHE behaviours and by following and supporting SSE's safety processes and procedures.
- Work extensively with the O&M team to ensure that any poorly performing sites are identified and have a robust remedial action plan in place to return the site to the performance levels expected of it.
- Own the Solar and Battery maintenance standards across our various asset types by ensuring they encompass sound operational experience and industry best practice.
- Accountability for the underlying long term asset refurbishment and replacement operational assumptions within our Lifecycle cost models (Capital Replacement Fund Models).
- Point of authority and approval for any changes to the agreed operation of our live sites.
- Operational accountability for the acceptance of new sites into operation.
- Work to develop a technology strategy and understand the operational impact of future technologies on our current and future schemes.
- Support the development and refinement of O&M and Asset Management strategies and processes.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience in managing Operational Sites in the Solar or Battery Sector.
- Degree educated (Or equivalent demonstrable experience) in engineering or related field.
- Strong knowledge of typical Solar and Battery equipment. Including HV Electrical, LV Electrical, Monitoring and Communications, Grounds Maintenance, Security, Safety Systems.
- Commercial understanding around Asset Operational risks, mitigations and guarantees.
- Track record in identifying reliability issues and implementing improvement plans.
- In depth understanding of Asset management and O&M working practices.
About our Business
SSE's Solar and Battery Storage team is one of the fastest growing parts of SSE Group with an exciting multi-GW pipeline of projects in train. In order to accelerate progress towards net zero SSE Group is investing £7m a day on low carbon infrastructure, creating 1,000 green jobs a year in the process, as part of its £23bn NZAP (Net Zero Acceleration Programme). Our solar and battery projects will play a crucial role in getting us to net zero by helping to balance the Grid and by helping us to fully harness the power of renewable generation. SSE is a FTSE30 company intent on building a better world of energy. We're looking to double the size of our current team by attracting people who share our passion for getting to net zero, at what is a very exciting time for the energy sector
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Zoe on 01738 344072.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.