|Position:||Asset Condition and Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth. Would also consider Glasgow with travel to Perth.
Salary: £44,800 - £60,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time Hours (37 hours per week) |Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc is responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
What is the Role?
You'll be responsible for maintaining a safe, secure and reliable transmission network by managing condition and integrity of our both lead and non-lead assets. You will be an expert in risk-based approach to asset management and be competent in reliability centred maintenance with key considerations to the safety, environment and commercial operation of the business.
Some of your key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Developing policies, processes and procedures to accurately predict and prevent all controllable failures
- Developing RCM based inspection and maintenance programmes
- Developing short, medium and long-term plans for repairs, maintenance and replacement of our assets with a view to optimising the whole life costs
- Developing and implementing smart monitoring programmes to enable end to end real time asset management of our transmission network
- Developing decision support tools and ensuring asset management systems such as Maximo, Vault, etc. are kept up to date
- Leading site audits, inspections, preparation of engineering justification reports, design requirements and business cases
- Developing handover procedures for new projects and ensuring all records are complete, accurate and up to date
- Actively participating in internal and external meetings, project reviews, research projects, development of asset management tools, third party enquiries etc.
- Leading failure investigations, developing Asset Management Advice Notes, coordinating with Standards team to develop and implement standards
- Implementing and promoting digitisation of our existing and new assets including adoption of BIM and digital-twins
- Co-ordinating and supporting field operations, as necessary
- Providing guidance and technical expertise to graduates and less experienced members of the team and developing their training programmes
What do I need?
Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience in electrical engineering, operations or science relevant to the job, you'll have a thorough understanding and significant experience in the design, operation and failure mode of fixed and linear transmission assets such as Substation, OHL, Civils, Cables, P&C etc. Youll have an understanding of ESQCR and the importance and obligations placed upon SHE Transmission and ideally hold a safety management qualification such as IOSH certificate or equivalent. Chartership status is highly desirable as well as experience of working to ISO 5500.
With strong verbal and written communication skills, you should have the ability to interact at a senior level, obtaining and presenting information in a clear form and producing concise reports and presentations. You'll have experience of analysing and reporting on complex data and be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and skilled in the use of spreadsheets.
You should have experience of writing detailed condition assessment reports using available data form inspections, patrols, on-line/standalone monitoring, ad-hoc assessment studies and tools.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch at sse.
*Please submit a covering letter alongside your CV outlining why you are suitable for this role*
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.