|Position:||Asset and Systems Engineering Team Lead|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: Up to £58,000 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
As Asset and Systems Engineering Team Lead, you'll manage a small team of Engineers responsible for strategic asset management for SSE Onshore Wind Farms. The team are responsible for the development and implementation of new asset management processes and strategies into the wider teams "business as usual" activity, including embedding a new Asset Management Operating Model.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Ensure that assets across the fleet of Onshore Windfarms are managed safely and effectively for both routine maintenance and defect resolution activities.
- Make sure that robust and consistent maintenance practices are developed, reviewed and employed consistently to maximise operating efficiency of Onshore Wind assets.
- Provide embedded focused technical and project management support to the Onshore Wind operational team to ensure the business can meet its goals.
- Develop high level, short to medium term, asset management strategies and associated strategic budget allocations to achieve performance requirements, including asset interventions, operational and outage management and other constraints.
- Provide line management responsibility for the team of Engineers and outline continual individual development plans
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who has a solid understanding of the Renewables market and the impact of operational and maintenance activities on profitability. You should be qualified to at least degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or have demonstrable suitable experience performing in a similar role.
Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to have the following;
- Knowledge and understanding of Contract Management and Project Management.
- It is preferable that you'll hold an Institute of Asset Management qualification such as the certificate, diploma or equivalent. Chartership status is highly desirable as well as experience of working to ISO 55000/PAS 55.
- The ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop a remote team of engineers across a large geographical area.
- Outstanding communication, stakeholder management and engagement skills, capable of making an impact on people across all levels of the business.
- An innovative mindset that will ensure SSE's Onshore Wind business is aware of emerging best practices and technologies.
As a person, you'll be highly driven with excellent organisational skills, and a positive, motivational attitude that encourages innovation, discussion, interaction and effective problem solving. You're someone who embraces change and isn't scared to do things differently in order to enhance efficiencies and improve deliverables.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.