|Position:||Approved Electrician / Data Installer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Thatcham
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time 37 hours per week with Flexible working patterns
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Telecoms is one of the UK's leading connectivity providers and operate a 12,000+km private telecoms network and 15 data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading-edge SD-Wan, Ethernet, Optical and dark fibre services.
What is the Role?
Are you interested in joining a company that has ambitions and investment to grow 10 times its current size? At SSE we recognise that our employees are one of our key assets and as a business we offer opportunities which enable flexibility and work/life balance. If you're interested in joining a company who invest in your future development, then we could be the company for you!
We have brand new opportunities enabling you to work on one of the largest telecoms and data centre networks within the UK. Reporting to the Contracts Manager / Site Technician, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a variety of tasks predominately in the south of the UK working out of the one of our key offices, for both internal and external clients.
We are currently operating 13,700km of private telecoms network with an estate of 70 data centres. Imagine the magnitude of change and growth you could be part of and influence!
What do I need?
The ideal candidate will:
- Promote SSE core safety values at all times
- Install a variety of containment systems, this will include conduit and trunking
- Install a variety of electrical systems
- Install, terminate and test structured cabling systems
- Install, terminate and test fibre optic systems
- Embrace new and exciting technologies which SSE Enterprise Telecoms bring to the market place
- Be a positive team member and have a flexible approach to work
- Be part of an emergency reactive team responding to and managing issues and faults across the country on a rolling rota basis
So what would we need from you? As well as Sub-station entry experience and a full driving licence wed look for:
- You will have completed your Electrical Apprenticeship and will have achieved an NVQ Level 3 (or approved equivalent) in installation and will have obtained a pass in the City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 or 2351 or 2330 levels 2 and 3 (or approved equivalent).
- Qualification in the current IEE Wiring regulations (BS7671/18th edition)
- City and Guilds 2392 Inspection & Testing Qualification
- An appropriately graded ECS/CSCS card
- City & Guilds in Copper and Fibre Optic systems or equivalent.
- Manufacturer specific approval training
- Hold an appropriately graded ECS/CSCS card
This post is open to both internal and external applicants. Internal candidates, as a courtesy please inform your line manager prior to applying for this role. Successful candidates may be subject to the Companys verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal record check.
We are committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments, you require to submit your application please get in touch
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.