Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Application Support Analyst
Guildford, South East England
GBP30000 - GBP50000 per annum
My client is one of Europe's most rapidly growing, dynamic and booming IT Technology Consultancy and Systems Integration firms who are recognised for their excellence in the training and development of their employees and promotion of a positive work life balance and currently ranked in the Top 5 Employers by the Top Employers Institute across both Europe and the UK.
This role offers fantastic opportunities to gain experience and technical expertise across a wide range of leading-edge and bespoke technologies within a high-tempo operational environment.
You would be joining an organisation that builds satellite control centres and bespoke security solutions for critical infrastructure such as satellite navigation and aircraft communication systems! This is not an opportunity to be missed!
**Must hold current SC Clearance or be eligible to obtain SC Clearance**
- Incident response to ensure availability of operational services.
- Pro-actively maintain and improve the performance of systems.
- Identification and resolution of performance anomalies and system defects.
- Carry out routine system administrative tasks such as patching.
- Production of Design documents, including Requests for Change (RFC) and Work Instructions (WI)
- 12 months minimum experience as a Linux and/or Windows System Administrator
- Strong familiarity with the core tools such as the ATLASSIAN suite, SSH, CMD or Powershell
- Able to write scripts using Python, Bash, DOS or powershell
- Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance related defects
- Networking familiarity - e.g. Can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP etc.
- A passion for learning new technologies and innovation
- Scripting - SQL, Python, Bash, DOS, Powershell
- Databases - Oracle, MySQL, Postgres
- Web applications - Apache Tomcat and Microsoft IIS
- Experience of Hadoop or distributed computation.
- Experience of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible).
Sound like you? Or just want to find out more information? Dont hesitate to apply or call Nathan on 02077806706 for further information.