Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Engineer
Basingstoke, Southern England
GBP30000 - GBP34000 per annum + Depending on experience
Our client is a fast growing and innovative refrigeration and air-conditioning business and they are looking for an Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Engineer in the Basingstoke / Hampshire area to join their expanding team.
The candidates will fulfill a role working on an extremely varied portfolio of projects in commercial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. There will be opportunities to work on all types of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment, heat pumps, extracts, ducted systems and bespoke display wall units.
Their client base includes hotels, restaurants, gymnasiums, coffee shops, supermarkets, and sandwich shops. We also represent several manufacturers and other Contractors carrying out work on their behalf. They have a professional team who invest the time and training necessary to develop the skills of their engineers. Job satisfaction is key and there are opportunities to progress within their small team.
- Working as part of a small team based in Basingstoke.
- Performing reactive maintenance on a range of chiller / refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment
- Installing new equipment as required
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A-C in Maths, English and one Science based subject
- Good Health and Safety awareness
- Excellent organisation skills
- Demonstrate desire to provide superior service and go the extra mile
- Relevant electrical experience (18th, 17th, 16th, 15th edition, HNC, NVQ, City and Guilds in electrics would be an advantage)
- Full UK Driver's License
- Relevant City & Guilds or F Gas qualifications desirable
- CSCS Card
- Minimum 1-2 years HVAC experience
- Ability to undertake planned and reactive service of equipment using own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team installing new equipment
- Experience in ensuring plant/equipment is maintained in accordance with the Planned Preventative Maintenance System
- 40 hours per week (plus overtime). Monday-Friday.
- x1.5 overtime and Saturday.
- x2 Sunday.
- On call standby rate
- Training and courses.
- 29 days holidays including all public holidays.
- Sick days SSP at and pay at company discretion.
- Company phone or phone expenses, van, tools, fuel card
- Company pension
In return the business will offer a generous basic salary of up to £34k depending on experience, plus generous overtime and standby rates.
If you are an experienced HVAC / Refrigeration Engineer in the Basingstoke area, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role!
Depending on experience