This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) on which you may make use of our website https://www.equalengineers.com (our site), whether as a guest or a registered user. Please read these T&Cs carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept these T&Cs and that you agree to abide by them. You will not use the Website/Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these T&Cs. If you do not agree to these T&Cs, please refrain from using our site and services.
We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website/Services following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
Equal Engineers Ltd (“EqualEngineers”), (“We”) or (“Our”) own and operate the site https://www.equalengineers.com and associated sub and linked domains. We are registered in England and Wales, company number 10850716 and registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, England, WC2H 9JQ.
EqualEngineers does not make any representation whatsoever about any job vacancy advertisement which is accessed either on, by virtue of or by way of any links from this website because in compiling the same EqualEngineers relies on information provided to it by third parties. Accordingly it is a matter for you to satisfy yourself as to the suitability of any agency, employer or job found directly or indirectly through this website.
The website services are not available to, and may not be used by, persons under the age of 16 years of age, or who are temporarily or indefinitely suspended website members. If you are under 16 years old, you can use this service only in conjunction with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy below.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Bespoke, tailored service
If you wish to be considered for the EqualEngineers bespoke, tailored service we offer you will be required to upload your CV. You agree and acknowledge that:
- We may adapt, modify and reword in such way and to such extent as we consider appropriate the information contained in your CV in order to produce a CV in the style and format we sends to employers.
- We shall have no liability to you as a consequence of or arising out of any adaptation, modification or rewording referred to in the clause above.
We may make changes in or withdraw any of the services described in this website and at any time without notice.
The services which we offer to candidates are entirely gratuitous and we shall not be obliged to maintain or continue any services offered to candidates on this website.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel the provision of any service to any particular candidate for any reason whatsoever.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site (which includes but is not limited to rights in the trading name and logo of EqualEngineers), and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The website and its content (including without limitation the website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
EqualEngineers does not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Services. However, by doing so you are granting us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such Content for as long as you elect to display such Content via the Services. The licence shall be terminated when such Content is deleted from the Services.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You acknowledge that the Internet or our systems, services and equipment may from time to time be inoperative in full or in part as a consequence of but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, maintenance, hardware or software upgrades, any communication connectivity problems or other facts beyond our control and you acknowledge that we will not be held liable for any failure or inability to provide continuous, error free, uninterrupted services under these or any other circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
If you apply for any job or jobs using the website you consent to us monitoring and storing the information provided, along with the contents of any email.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy below.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
If you have been granted permission to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the "EqualEngineers" logo;
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with EqualEngineers nor present any other false information about EqualEngineers.
The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy below. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If any of these T&Cs should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining T&Cs shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use above.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use above.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of website use here upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.