Location: Bedfont Lakes/Feltham
Application deadline: We review applications on an ongoing basis
Start date: August 2018
Can you demonstrate a real interest in technology/IT/Telecommunications, either through work experience or perhaps a hobby? If so we are actively seeking candidates to join our development teams in Feltham and Chandlers Ford as a Graduate Solutions Test Engineer.
Bedfont Lakes/Feltham Development team:
The Collaboration Conferencing Engineering products team is a UK based specialist engineering centre for the design and implementation of the most technologically advanced video conferencing infrastructure solutions available in the market today. The team is actively looking for 2 Solution Test Engineers to join their team in Feltham which is also the Cisco HQ for the UK. We are expanding quickly and we are looking for very good ‘A’ levels or equivalents and a first or upper second class degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline. We are also looking for people who enjoy working in a very fast paced team, learning something new every day and graduates who are not afraid of taking on responsibility early on in their careers. In return we offer the opportunity to work alongside some of the best engineers in the industry on the most leading-edge products anywhere.
What you will do:
- Defining, testing and documenting end-to-end customer-facing solutions
- Partner with other teams to define, test and validate, and document the solution architecture(s), features and user experience (UX)
- Develop architectural solution network topologies and solution test lab scenarios
- File defects found in defect tracking tools and follow through with software and hardware development and test teams to verify resolved defects
- Analysing test results
- Be a member of an Agile Scrum team
What we look for:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and solve complex problems
- Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible
- Proven track record of learning new technologies and features on own initiative
- A demonstrable passion for technology
- Good problem solving / troubleshooting skills, able to parse the symptom into possible causes and methodically isolate variables to determine the root cause
- Creative, imaginative, enjoys taking things apart to understand how they work, breaking things and figuring out how to fix them
- Be able to write maintainable, well-structured code and have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming, preferably Python. Other languages such as C++ or Java would be desirable.
- Experience of TCP/IP networking, VoIP and Video applications
- Exposure to video and audio encoding and processing techniques and technologies
- Some knowledge in some or all of the following technology areas: UI, databases, data communications.
- Understanding of processor architectures
- Communications and networking protocols
- Recently graduated or in your final year of studies towards a Bachelor or Master´s degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline.
- Due to receive a minimum of 2.1
- A minimum of AAB at ‘A’ level or equivalent
- Due to graduate or recently graduated with undergraduate or graduate level degree
- Ability to live and work in the UK with no additional sponsorship from Cisco
- Must be fluent in English