Start date: September 2018
Closing date for applications: 23rd February 2018
Make you career fly by joining our Airbus Apprenticeship programme! Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining
the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce.
An Airbus Craft Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to gain qualifications with no fees, whilst acquiring new skills through
vocational training, and a regular salary.
As a Plant Service Centre Craft Apprentice at Airbus you will follow the Maintenance or Tool room programme, to gain a NVQ
Level 3 Extended Diploma (in Engineering Maintenance or Mechanical Manufacture), plus a Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering
and a HNC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
On completion of our 38 Month programme you will become either a Skilled Electrical Maintenance Fitter or a Skilled Tool Room
Machinist/Fitter, specialising in the service and support of the plant's production machinery and tooling.
Craft Apprentices on the Plant Service Centre programme study at Coleg Cambria (Deeside or Wrexham Campus) to achieve
their qualifications, and their industry based work takes place at our world leading aircraft manufacturer site in Broughton, North
Your first year on the Plant Service Centre Craft Apprenticeship programme will be spent at college completing the Level 2
Foundation course; learning about engineering operations and achieving a number of technical certificates and company
required qualifications. Apprentices following the Plant Maintenance programme will attend Deeside Campus, and those on the
Plant Tool Room programme study at Wrexham Campus.
You'll then go on to join a skilled Airbus team, working within the Maintenance or Tooling departments to gain the relevant skills
to complete your qualifications, whilst attending college on a day release programme alongside.
During your time in the Airbus factory, Plant Service Centre Apprentices work within all of the Broughton production areas
maintaining and supporting the production machinery and tooling.
Typical tasks for Plant Apprentices on the Maintenance programme include:
- Maintenance of CNC Controls
- Use of Programmable Logic Computers and associated ladder logic
- Adherence to Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules and reactive breakdown maintenance on the plant machinery
- Maintenance of high precision spindle systems and long bed milling machines
Typical tasks for Plant Apprentices on the Tool Room programme include:
- The use of industrial metrology to carry out the measurement of the jigs and tooling used in the manufacturing process and
carrying out any subsequent recertification
- Machining activities (turning, milling, grinding) to carry out the repair of Jigs and fixtures.
In order to be eligible for this apprenticeship candidate must have a minimum of Six GCSEs including:
- Grade B or 6 in Maths, or Grade C or 4 in Maths plus a BTEC Level 2 in Engineering.
- Grade C or 4 in English Language and Science (either core and additional / double award, or Physics is Science was taken as
individual subjects), plus other subjects at grade C or 4.
- We can consider other qualifications such as Engineering BTEC Level 2, Engineering Diploma, Principle Learning, PEO Level
2 and Pathways to Apprenticeships as two GCSEs. Alternative qualifications must be in addition to the core GCSE subjects
Please note that you must also include a cover letter as part of your application for this programme which demonstrates your
interest in aerospace and motivation to join the apprenticeship programme.